Solana – The Web-Scale Blockchain for fast, secure, scalable, decentralized apps and marketplaces.
Solana is an open source project implementing a new, high-performance, permissionless blockchain. The Solana Foundation is based in Geneva, Switzerland and maintains the open source project.
It is possible for a centralized database to process 710,000 transactions per second on a standard gigabit network if the transactions are, on average, no more than 176 bytes. A centralized database can also replicate itself and maintain high availability without significantly compromising that transaction rate using the distributed system technique known as Optimistic Concurrency Control. At Solana, the are demonstrating these same theoretical limits apply just as well to blockchain on an adversarial network. The key ingredient? Finding a way to share time when nodes cannot trust one-another. Once nodes can trust time, suddenly ~40 years of distributed systems research becomes applicable to blockchain!
What you need to do to participate
- Create an account with OKEx here
- Complete your KYC to level 2 under your profile to be eligible
- Complete this form for the airdrop
- Answers to the quiz are:
- How many SOL trading pairs are on OKEx? Three
- When did SOL trading pairs go live on OKEx? Wednesday 9/30, at 10 AM UTC
- What is the name of the first DEX launched on Solana? Serum
- All of the above
- Purchase at least 5 SOL on OKEx after 10:00 September 30, 2020 (UTC) on OKEx
- Refer a friend
- Join us on telegram for updates